「你有養寵物嗎~~?」 現在越來越多人養寵物,你家是不是也有可愛的狗狗貓貓呢? 你知道可愛的黃金獵犬、拉布拉多還是柴柴的英文要怎麼說呢?還有要怎麼跟別人聊寵物呢?一起來看看吧!
想問別人有沒有養寵物?是貓派還是狗派?可以說:
「Do you have pets?」「Are you a dog person or a cat person?」
😺pet 泛指寵物, 也可以當動詞,指撫摸。
如果你在路上一隻超可愛的狗狗迎面而來,你不確定可不可以摸他,你可以問說:
「Can I pet your dog?」
dog/cat person 狗派/貓派
如果你有養可愛的狗狗貓貓或是其他特殊寵物,可以用:I have (a) ….
例如,I have a dog, a cat and a guinea pig (天竺鼠).
⭐接下來我們來看看不同寵物的說法吧!寵物的品種可以用 breed(不會用type 喔~)
米克斯 Mixed
柴犬 Shiba
黃金獵犬Golden Retriever
拉布拉多Labrador
臘腸犬Dachshund
羅素克洛犬(寵物當家裡面的Max!) Jack Russell
柯基犬Corgi
貴賓犬Poodle
法國鬥牛犬French Bulldog
雪納瑞犬Schnauzer
瑪爾濟斯犬Maltese
➡️A: Do you have a dog?
你有養狗嗎?
B: Yes, I have a Shiba. He’s energetic and smart.
有啊,我養了一隻柴犬,牠很活潑又聰明。
A: Mine is a mixed breed. He’s not a purebred, but he has the sweetest personality.
我家的是米克斯,雖然不是名種,但個性超可愛。
B: I also love Golden Retrievers and Labradors—they look so friendly.
我也很喜歡黃金獵犬和拉布拉多,看起來就很友善。
A: Have you seen The Secret Life of Pets? Max is a Jack Russell!
你有看過《寵物當家》嗎?那隻Max是羅素克洛犬喔!
B: And Corgis with their short legs are just adorable! Poodles are super intelligent, too.
還有柯基的小短腿真的太可愛了!貴賓狗也很聰明。
短毛貓Shorthair cat ,短毛貓有很多種例如American Shorthair 美國短毛貓、British Shorthair 英國短毛貓和Exotic Shorthair 異國短毛貓(加菲貓)
布偶貓 Ragdoll
波斯貓 Persian
➡️A: Do you prefer long-haired or short-haired cats?
你比較喜歡長毛貓還是短毛貓?
B: I prefer shorthair cats, like British Shorthairs and American Shorthairs. They look so classy.
我比較喜歡短毛貓,像是英國短毛貓和美國短毛貓,看起來很有氣質。
A: Did you know Garfield is an Exotic Shorthair?
你知道加菲貓是異國短毛貓嗎?
B: Really? I always thought he was just a regular orange cat!
真的喔?我一直以為他是隻普通的橘貓!
A: I kind of want a Ragdoll—their eyes are so beautiful.
我還蠻想養一隻布偶貓,牠們的眼睛超迷人。
B: My friend has a Persian cat—it looks so regal.
我朋友家有隻波斯貓,很有貴族氣息。
特殊種物 Exotic pet
天竺鼠Guinea pig
守宮Gecko
蜜袋鼯Sugar Glider
刺蝟Hedgehog
鸚鵡Parrot
➡️A: Have you ever seen someone keep a hedgehog as a pet?
你看過有人養刺蝟當寵物嗎?
B: Yeah! They’re spiky but actually really cute and relaxing to watch.
有欸!雖然刺刺的但看起來很療癒。
A: I almost bought a sugar glider before—they can glide around, which is super cool.
我之前差點買蜜袋鼯,會飛來飛去好像很酷。
B: I have a friend who keeps a gecko. It looks calm, but it has its own charm.
我有個朋友在養守宮,看起來雖然冷靜,但蠻有魅力的。
A: And guinea pigs—kids absolutely love them!
還有天竺鼠,小朋友都超愛牠們。
B: Parrots are smart too—some of them can even talk!
鸚鵡也很聰明,有些還會講話呢。
接下來來看看跟養狗有關的英文吧!
遛狗 walk the dog
狗飼料dog feed
小零食 treat
狗鍊leash
➡️A: I walk the dog every morning before work.
我每天早上上班前都會遛狗。
B: That’s a great habit! Do you use a long leash or a short one?
好習慣耶!你用長狗鍊還是短的?
A: A short leash. He tends to run too fast if I let him go too far.
我用短的,他太容易跑太快了。
B: What kind of dog feed do you give him?
你都餵牠什麼樣的狗飼料?
A: I give him grain-free dry food. And sometimes, a little treat if he behaves well.
我給牠吃無穀的乾飼料。有時候乖乖的話,還會給牠小零食。
帶狗狗散步記得要繫狗鍊還有要撿便便~
Don’t forget to leash your dog and pick up the poo when walking your dog.
poo是便便的意思,美式拼音是poop。都是比較口語的說法
My dog will wag his tail at the door when I get home. 我的狗狗會在我回家的時候在門口搖尾巴。
wag 搖動, 晃動
I like to cuddle with my cat in winter. 冬天的時候我喜歡跟我的貓抱在一起
cuddle 摟抱
She just adopted a puppy/kitten from the shelter and waited for microchipping and vaccination. The vet said that the puppy/kitten was too young to be spayed/neutered.
她剛從收容所領養了一隻小狗並且正在等在打晶片和打疫苗。獸醫說狗狗目前還太小不能結紮。
shelter 收容所
adopt, adoption 領養
puppy/kitten 幼犬/幼貓
microchip 晶片
vaccination 疫苗
vet 獸醫 (veterinary 獸醫, 簡稱vet)
結紮 neuter (公)/ spay (雌)
接下來來看看一些可愛的狀聲詞吧~
狗狗的吠叫可以用bark, 露出牙齒的低吼snarl, 嚎叫howl, 低吼 growl, 哀嚎whine
貓咪喵喵叫可以用mew, 滿足時發出的低沉的聲音可以用purr
➡️A: Did you hear that? My dog just barked at the squirrel!
你有聽到嗎?我家的狗剛剛對著松鼠吠叫!
B: Yeah, and now he’s growling. Is he okay?
有啊,現在還在低吼。他還好嗎?
A: Don’t worry. He growls when he’s excited. But if he snarls… then we have a problem.
別擔心,他興奮的時候會低吼。但如果開始露牙低吼,就有點麻煩了。
B: My cat would just mew and run away.
我家的貓只會小聲喵喵叫,然後就逃走了。
A: I wish my dog could be that chill. He even howled last night when he heard a siren!
我真希望我家的狗也能這麼冷靜。他昨晚聽到警笛聲還嚎叫呢!
B: At least he doesn’t whine every time he wants a snack. My cat whines at 3 a.m.!
至少他不會每次想吃零食就哀嚎。我家貓凌晨三點都在哀嚎!
A: But I bet he purrs when you pet him, right?
但我敢說你摸他時他一定會呼嚕呼嚕叫,對吧?
B: Of course. That’s my favorite sound in the world.
當然,那是我最喜歡的聲音了。